The best way to use a treadmill is by following the five rules outlined below.
• Be sure to follow the machine’s instructions before using it.
• Always adjust the speed and incline of the treadmill before you begin exercising.
• If you are not comfortable with the exercise, stop immediately.
• Never walk backward on a treadmill, as it could result in injury to your ankle or toes.
• If you feel faint, stop exercising immediately and consult a physician.
Listening to music while you exercise is a good way to help pass the time. It also helps distract your mind from your workout routine and can make time fly by more quickly. In addition, listening to music can help you pace yourself better. Also, instead of watching the clock on the wall or on your watch, concentrate on the beat of the music as you exercise. This will help you maintain a good rhythm and pace like a metronome.
The only way to really achieve your goals as to exercise is to eat right and work out. Knowing that you will be stronger, leaner and healthier if you consistently exercise is the first step in taking care of your body and getting where you want to go. Keep these five rules in mind as you use your treadmill: